MCGEE ENTERTAINMENT/ AND ‘ARTISTS’ TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
1 By signing and returning the quote as issued, you are formerly engaging McGee Entertainment/ and its ‘Artists’ to perform as the details specified in the quote. The Agreement is confirmation of the ‘Artist’ appearance therefore no deposit required.
2 Formal quotes or pricing advised in emails are valid for 90 days.
3 Should the event cancel or the client cancels the agreement or the client decides to cancel or downgrade the agreed performance [either the amount of time agreed or band arrangement/number of performers] 30 days or more prior to the appearance/event date, 50% of the Artist fee is payable.
Should the event cancel or the client cancels the agreement or the client decides to cancel or downgrade the agreed performance [either the amount of time agreed or band arrangement/number of performers] 30 days or less prior to the appearance/event date, 100% of the Artist fee is payable.
Your cancellation must be received in writing/email. Payment will be due 6 weeks from the date of cancellation. Should you need to change the date, subject to artist availability, in most circumstances we can accommodate this with NO additional charge providing notice is received 90 days prior to the original event.
In the event of a reschedule within 90 days prior to the event, 50% cancellation fee is applicable, and a 30% discount is applied to the rebooked date. Performance fee will be updated to current pricing.
4 A Performance Run Sheet will be issued within 15 - 7 days prior to the event/ appearance with full details and information regarding the appearance as specified by the client/ engager in the Event/ Wedding Details Request Form.
It is at the responsibility of the client/ engager to ensure the information received in the Event/ Wedding Details Request Form is full, accurate and complete; and provided in the specified time frame as advised by McGee [general time frame no later than 3 weeks prior to the event]. If the client/ engager has failed to provide the correct event information 7 days prior to the event, an late administration charge of $200 + GST will be charged to complete the run sheet.
The client/ engager will receive a copy of this Run Sheet before it is distributed to the ‘Artist/s’. If the engager provides incorrect, partial or incomplete information, McGee does not accept any liability for any possible discrepancy or occurrences. The engager accepts full responsibility to ensure that all information required in relation to the appearance including timing, songs and details are correct.
5 At the time of final distribution of the Performance Run Sheet, this is considered FINAL therefore any changes after this distribution may only be small/ minor in nature. The client/engager is entitled to one complimentary amendment once the final run sheet is issued. This amendment must be received within 3 business days prior to the event.
Any additional amendments will incur a $50 + GST administration fee per change.
Once the final run sheet has been issued, no song changes for live 'special requests/ key moment songs' permitted unless it is part of the Artists repertoire. This must be received within 3 business days prior to the event. Administration fees may apply for the song change.
Upon sending our the final Performance Run Sheet, it is up to the responsibility of the engager/ client to ensure that all information is complete and correct. If there are any amendments, the engager/ client must notify McGee within 3 business days prior to the event.
6 Payment is required 3 days prior to the event unless previously arranged with Management. If payment is not received prior to the event, McGee Entertainment has the right to cancel the appearance until proof of payment is received. Payment is to be made via Bank Transfer unless previously arranged. McGee also accepts payments via Credit Card which includes Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Apple Pay. Credit Card payments must be received 14 days prior to the event. This must be coordinated with your Event Manager. All Credit Card payments incur a 3.5% fee.
7 All Artist Fees are strictly private and confidential and are not to be discussed between the client/engager and ’Artist’.
8 McGee Entertainment and/or its ‘Artists’ are not liable for any disruption, delay, or disturbance if the relevant information was not passed on in a timely fashion or at the time of completing the final Performance Run Sheet. All Last minute changes must be communicated in a timely fashion either directly to McGee Entertainment or the ‘Artist’ on the day of the event.
9 The Performer agrees that the Performance will not include contents which:
◦ . (i) offend prevailing community standards;
◦ . (ii) encourage the rapid or excessive consumption of liquor.
10 “Force Majeure” means an event beyond the reasonable control of the affected party, including an unexpected illness (in the case of the ‘Artist/s’) such that the Performer is unable to safely conduct the Performance as evidenced by a medical certificate, event caused by riot, war hostilities, law, order, acts of government, regulatory, industrial or municipal corporations or authorities, directions of a trade union, strikes, lockouts, acts of God, storm, fire, accident, strike and sabotage.
11. McGee Entertainment/ and its ‘Artists’ is not liable to the client/engager for any defaults or delays in the performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement if such default or delay is a Force Majeure. McGee Entertainment will make a conservative effort to provide an alternative solution/Artist/s if time permits.
12. The engager/ client is required to provide the following:
-A safe performance environment with appropriate heating or cooling. There must be adequate space for the Artist to perform, ideally 9sqm or more. If performing outside within direct sunlight during the hours of 10am till 3pm for longer than 30 minutes, adequate shade/shelter must be provided.
-Sufficient power supply for the Performance unless previously organised with McGee Entertainment or the venue.
-Water available at all times for the Artist.
-A meal for each Artist if the Artist is required for 4 hours or more [or with one of our Packages]
-Snacks and refreshments during Artist breaks.
-The Artist is required to receive a 15 minute break following every 45 minute performance or as outlined in the FAQ pdf.
-Sufficient timing to bump in/ bump out of the venue.
13. The ‘Artist’ will not damage the Venue or the fixtures and chattels thereon, or do anything to, or bring anything into, the Venue, which will endanger the Venue or the safety or enjoyment of any patrons or is inconsistent with the purpose of the Venue. McGee Entertainment will not accept responsibility should the ‘Artist’ cause any damage as outlined above. All ‘Artists’ are liable for their own damage and are covered by either their own Insurance or Public Liability Insurance.
14. The ‘Artist’ will not obstruct or interfere with the aisles, entrances, exits, emergency lighting, fire extinguishing equipment or fire alarms in the Venue. The ‘Artist’ will not make any material alterations or alterations of a structural nature to the Venue. The Artist will follow all reasonable instructions of the Venues personnel regarding their conduct whilst in the Venue, including regarding health and safety requirements, the consumption of alcohol or the use of tobacco related products.
15. The Artist agrees that any Equipment supplied by them and used in their Performance will be fit for its purpose, safe, clean and of good quality.
16. McGee Entertainment/ and its ‘Artists’ may take photographs or record the Performance/ Event for the purposes of promoting McGee Entertainment/ and its ‘Artists’. If you do not wish for any material to be used in the way of promotion, you must express this in writing prior to the final Performance Run Sheet, otherwise it is deemed that the client/engager offers their consent.
17. All contact information for McGee Entertainment ‘Artists’ are private and confidential. All enquiries regarding the performance/event should be directed to your McGee Entertainment representative.
18. The Complete Wedding Entertainment Package is based on 8 hours and covers your ceremony, cocktail and reception. The All Inclusive Reception Package is based on 6 hours and covers your cocktail and reception.
These packages DO NOT factor into the artist bump in/bump out time - this is complimentary based on the following bump-in times.
Solo - 45 minutes/ Duo - 60 minutes/ Trio, 4-piece or 5 piece - 90 minutes
The time of the package commences at SET ONE for the relevant number of hours ie. SET ONE starts at 3:00pm for 6 hour package - package ends at 9:00pm.
You may extend the package [$100 + GST per hour DJ, $200 + GST per hour live music solo, $250 + GST per hour Duo, $300 + GST Trio, $350 + GST 4-piece, $400 + GST 5-piece].
Note: An Artist cannot exceed actual live performance time longer than 4.5 hours over the course of the day. [This does not include DJ time]
19: The Ultimate DJ package has the following terms:
TRAVEL is included within the package for Gold Coast & Brisbane area. $50 travel fee to Maleny [and surrounding areas]. $100 travel fee for Sunshine Coast area. $50 travel fee to Byron Bay area.
LIVE MUSIC ADD ON McGee will offer a two acoustic musicians for you to consider [subject to artist availability] with either a solo guitarist & vocals or solo keys & vocals. Total ‘Add On’ time is 45 minutes complimentary for bump-in, 30 minutes live pre-ceremony music, 30 - 40 minutes to perform the ceremony including bridal entrance song, signing of the registry song, walk back up the aisle/ congratulated song, up to 25 minutes to move to the cocktail performance location, and a 60 minute to perform a live cocktail hour - total time: 3 hours, 30 minutes. Available Monday - Sunday. An additional time is $50 + GST per 30 minutes. All other standard McGee terms apply.
20. The Ambience Package has the following terms:
TRAVEL is included within the package for Gold Coast & Brisbane area. $100 travel fee for Sunshine Coast area. $50 travel fee to Byron Bay area
Package available Monday – Sunday subject to artist availability
Maximum 4-hour performance. The break down of the package consists of the ceremony [30-mins pre-ceremony music as guests arrive/ 30 - 40 mins ceremony] 15 - 20 minutes to move to the cocktail performance location, x2 live cocktail sets of 60-min sets, with 30-min DJ break in between. 240 mins total
The package can be extended at an additional $100 + GST per hour for DJ, or $200 + GST per hour for live music
Bump-in/ bump-out is complimentary and is not counted as performance time. Complimentary bump-in time is 45-minutes max. If you require an earlier bump-in, the cost is $50 + GST per 30-minutes
No supplier meal is required; however, a snack/refreshment is appreciated
If your venue has no power available, a low-hum generator can be hired through McGee for $150 + GST
The Ambience Package is available for a select number of musicians – contact McGee for further information
Travel to O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat is $80 each way
21. We require ALL SPECIAL SONG REQUESTS to be returned to us [along with your Event/ Wedding Details Request Form approximately one month prior to the event [or as specified by McGee]. Your Artist will review your song requests and ensure that they are able to perform the song [and do it justice]. On most occasions, this is no problem. Should the Artist feel that they won’t do the song justice, we will be back in touch and will organise that the original track is played instead.
Examples why the Artist hasn’t been able to perform special requests:
-The original artist has a certain tone (deepness/high voice/unique tone) that our Artist can’t articulate
-The original has a unique beat or melody that can’t be replicated acoustically.
-The song request is a high female vocal when your chosen Artist is a male.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate ALL requests. Please choose NO MORE than 4 special requests.
22. The catchment zone for our travel fees INCLUDED within the package is Maleny to Byron Bay township. Heading west, the catchment zone goes as far as Laidley.
Outside of those zones, a small travel fee will apply per number of artists you book.
55c per additional KM marked from the closest town to the venue destination.
Example: Noosa Heads
Maleny to Noosa Heads - 80km - $44 each way
McGee will happily provide you an accurate quote.
23. BUMP IN/ BUMP OUT/ MOVING PERFORMANCE LOCATIONS
Solo - 45 minutes prior / Duo - 60 minutes prior / Trio, 4-piece or 5 piece - 90 minutes prior.
If you require your artist to be onsite earlier than the timing specified above, additional fees of $50 + GST per half hour are applicable.
If your artist needs to move performance locations ie. the set up from your ceremony location to a cocktail space (within the same venue) please allow 15 - 20 minutes. If there is travel required, please add the travel time in addition to 15 - 20 minutes set up time.
If your artist has played solo ceremony/ cocktail hour, then is being joined in by a band for the Reception, the artist will need 40 - 60 minutes to bump in/set up/ sound check with the rest of the group. They may also require a 15 - 20 minute break.
If you are having a band perform [Trio, 4 piece, 5 piece, 6 piece] at the Reception, they will need a minimum of 90 minutes to bump in/ sound check prior to the first set.
24. If you book an artist/s and the travel driving time [one way] from the venue to the artists home base is greater than 2 hours 45 minutes, accommodation is required in either a hotel/ motel at the clients expense. McGee will happily make arrangements and add the travel costs to your final bill. When making travel arrangements, McGee has the right to request a 25% deposit.
25. Any artist equipment/property damaged by either the engager /or engagers guests [which is not at the fault of the Artist] will incur a damage fee to either have the equipment repaired or replaced. In this instance, a formal quote and invoice will be provided to the client, with payment required no later than 14 days of receipt. The instances where this is applicable is if a client/guest damages or knocks over equipment/ spills alcohol over equipment due to carelessness or intoxication.
26. Holiday surcharge is applicable to any packages for events that occur between 24 December - 7 January.
27. McGee Entertainment reserves the right to change or update terms and conditions as they deem appropriate.
Please contact email@example.com for a copy of these terms & conditions to be emailed to you.